– Water proof leather boots offering chainsaw protection in Class 2, 24m/s
– Sympatex membrane makes these boots 100% waterproof yet still breathable between the liner and outer fabric
– Easy adjustable with hooks, quick lock at the top and 5 hooks for quick adjustment.
– Extra hook at front of tongue for better position of tongue when walking.
– Lower part of boot from sole and up is reinforced with rubber as extra protection. Pull strap at the back.
– Shipping weight (EU43) 1.26kg
£139.99 on Willis and Grabham [VAT-free (UK) as considered essential PPE]
For a petite person like myself, it was important to find a pair of chainsaw boots that fitted well. Being in a male-dominated industry, I have struggled to find boots available to order in a smaller size / suitable for women. Leading up to this I had been doing my research on various boots carrying my desired size, protection level and price point; in the process one of the pairs that stood out for me were these Husqvarna Technical 24 boots.
First impressions when I took them out of the box: They are really lightweight and solidly constructed. Having scrutinised the seams it was clear that they were well-made. As I slipped one foot and then another comfortably into the boots, it was a great feeling as my feet felt really supported and the boots were true to size. After lacing them up, I tried walking in them for the first time.
Due to my height (shorter legs), I found that the boots came quite high up my shin, so it was rather difficult to walk in due to reduced flexion and natural forward movement. However as the boots are really light they lifted off the ground fairly easily, which helped greatly.
I proceeded to try them in their true environment (the woods) and haven’t had a problem with them since; they are comfortable and well fitted, although I would have preferred slightly longer laces. For the price I paid I’m really pleased with them.
Using these boots outdoors actually feels much easier as I trudge steadily through the undergrowth in the woods. I don’t think I’ll be running in them though!
(My rating: 4.5/5)